Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Fat Butt - what to do..


Well, something about writing down my thoughts in my last Fat Butt post got me thinking. And thinking. And thinking. And talking with my husband. And thinking.

I'm wary of getting pregnant with my weight this high. It makes it harder to conceive, poses more health risks for me & baby, and gives me a really bad starting point for post-pregnancy.

So I was thinking maybe we should stop TTC, I would see my endocrinologist, run my labs, etc. go back on the meds, then when I reached a healthy weight, start TTC again.

But then I realized the catch-22. So I do that, then stop the meds (again), then stop the birth control (again), then blow up like a balloon (again), and end up in the same boat I'm in now.

Plus, with my age, I don't really want to put off TTC. I ain't getting any younger, you know?

So... what to do... what to do...

Well, I decided maybe the best thing to do is to see my endocrinologist and just talk thru everything with him. I'll go this weekend to have my bloodwork done, then see him next week.

I have no idea what the outcome will be, so... wish me luck!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm a new reader (and also a FireWife). Hello. Best of luck as you meet with the endocrinologist. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...