Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What Have I Done? What Am I Doing?

I'm not gonna lie, the death of my father-in-law has me really thinking about what I've done with my life.

He was not a great man by worldly standards, but he did so much to serve others. At the end of his life, with the multitudes of people who came to pay their respects, from all parts of society, across several states, he showed that he truly lived the Scripture to the best of his ability. 

"...If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.-- Mark 9:35b

That got me thinking:

What have I done? Who am I serving? Can I do more? What example do I want to leave for my children? What legacy do I want to leave? What am I doing to serve others?

If you've read my blog for long, you know that I've struggled a lot with balance, and and though I've considered becoming more involved in the community again, I've been hesitant because if how long it took our family to find this balance that we now have.

I think it's time to put that fear aside, and to take the plunge. I think it's time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...