Wednesday, May 9, 2012

All I Know is I'm not Home Yet


The day after my father-in-law passed away, this song came on the radio when Jason & I were driving to his mother's house. We both started bawling immediately.

Papaw never did belong here. He never did quite fit in. This is not where he belonged. This world was so very clearly not his home.

This song would come on the radio every. single. time. we got in the car for the next week. Every time. Multiple times a day.

We tried to find the artist.Went to the KLOVE website. This song was the featured video on the main page. Popped up as soon as we got to the site. We didn't even have to look for it. It was staring us in the face.

Two days ago, I was in the car with Jena. She started talking about Papaw going to Heaven. I turned the radio down to zero volume. Quite randomly, she asked me to turn the music up. This song had started playing.

I've liked this song since the first time I ever heard it, in a worship service at our church.

Now it has taken on an entirely new meaning, not only for me, but for our family.

You know what? I'm not home yet. But he is.

"All I know is I'm not home yet. This is not where I belong. Take this world and give me Jesus. This is not where I belong"

Selah

3 comments:

Cwtch Cardiff said...

That's a great song. Your Father in Law is letting you know he's ok, I'm sure.

I can feel your pain in your words, and I'm thinking of you and your family. I actually had a similar experience with a song on the radio last week, so can really relate to your post.

Wishing you well, friend.

Diane said...

Beautiful song. I look forward to the day when we will all be reunited in our real, eternal home.

Glad you and your family are open to the signs and hearing him talk to you, telling you everything's okay. I had many moments like that and they brought me great comfort and healing.

Gaspegirl said...

What an awesome image, Papaw letting you know that he is home.

Visiting from SITS, make it a great day!

http://www.mommasweightloss.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...