Friday, July 26, 2013

Review: Fertilomat.com

Most of my regular readers realize that my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for several months now, to no avail. So when I recently got asked to review a website that estimates a woman's fertility, I jumped at the chance.

Fertilomat asks you a series of questions about your current health & lifestyle, then uses those to calculate your chances of becoming pregnant (they also offer another version to health professionals - click here to learn more).

So I logged in and answered the questions. Just from my answers alone, I garnered a ferti-index of 38. This means I currently have roughly a 38% chance of getting pregnant.


Considering this doesn't involve a medical examination of any sort, I would have to say it's probably fairly accurate.

In addition, it takes your answers and suggests things to do to improve your chances of conceiving. For mine, most of the advice related to losing weight, something I already know to be true. So again, it appears to be a fairly accurate tool.

To sum it up, I would say that if you have fertility concerns you should absolutely start by seeing your obstetrician, or at least your family doctor. But I also know that whether you are currently TTC, starting to try in the near future, or already struggling with infertility, sometimes we just want some answers, some more information. And if that's where you are, then Fertilomat might just be a good place for you to start.

As always, thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

Steph{anie} said...

Yeeeaaahhh, I had to chuckle a little bit at this website. I have a problem with anything that claims to predict fertility, whether it be a website, at-home test, etc. And the typos and claims included in this website make it less than credible. I hope people don't put much stock in its "prediction."

Anonymous said...

Jodi, thank you very much for your review and opinion. We all wish you and your husband good luck with your TTC journey.

Stephanie, thank you for your opinion too! The version you can see is for any woman to have a chance to learn more about her fertility and get advice about what she can do better. However, the main version is the one developed for gynecologists where a doctor uses results of several medical tests and ultrasound, which are used for the calculation and the result then gives an accurate evaluation, based on which further steps can be taken. Also, the project is fairly new and comes from Germany so the website is just undergoing corrections. It should be done soon so thank you for letting us know that what we are doing makes sense;)

Have a great day both!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...