Thursday, January 3, 2013

One Word

Last year, when I was deciding on my word for 2012, I decided on "hope".

It was a good word. It was a fitting word.

Indeed, 2012 was full of hope.

However, at the end of the year, I'm gonna choose another word to describe 2012. I started the year with hope. I ended it as a year of rebirth.

In so many ways, 2012 has been a year of rebirth. And as any mother knows, birth is not always easy.

There were the major events:

- my father-in-law passed away, leaving behind his earthly body and being reborn into his heavenly body

- my nephew nearly died, and since has left behind his old ways, and has been reborn into a new reality

- a dear friend passed away, leaving behind his earthly body and being reborn into his heavenly body

and personally, for me, I feel reborn, new, ready to face the new life ahead of me.

And so for 2013 I choose the word growth.



I look forward to continued growth in many areas. Growing in my service to the Lord and to the community. Growing in our marriage. Growing in my career. And maybe, just maybe, growing our family.

In every area of my life, I look for, and choose to strive for growth.


What word did you choose?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...