Monday, January 14, 2013

I'm not much of a risk taker either.

I had my regular appointment with my endocrinologist, and informed him that we may start TTC in the next year or so.

He says that when we make that decision, assuming I'm still on the same meds, I'll need to stop them two full months before even TTC.

He then explains that it's more of a precaution than anything, that if we have a whoopsie and stop them immediately we'll probably be fine, but he doesn't like to take risks, so he advises his patients to stop the meds for a full 60 days before TTC to make sure all chemicals are out of the system.

This is why I like him. I'm not much of a risk taker either.

And part of me kinda likes that this gives us an additional 2 month cushion. So, we pay off the car, then I stop my meds for two months. It's like 60 days of additional prep time. I like it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...