Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Television, and a Confession

We have a television!

That's right folks, internet & TV all in one weekend! It's an entertainment overload at the FireHouse!

And my confession?

I don't know what I'm gonna do when we get everything done.
I really don't. I get overwhelmed just thinking about it.

See, right now, we almost have a functional kitchen. Working fridge & stove, finally got water & a kitchen sink. But pots & pans, dishes, etc. are all still packed away. Cabinets still need to be installed, and countertop still needs to be sealed.

Basically, I haven't cooked a meal in 10 weeks.

And our washer & dryer still aren't hooked up.

Basically, I haven't done a load of laundry in 10 weeks.
Okay. Not totally true. Sometimes I do it at my mom's or my brother's. But my mom prefers to do it herself during the day because by the time I get there after work I keep the machines running "too late".

And with the renovation still in progress, there's very little cleaning to be done. The occasional sweep with the broom. Pick up FireGirl's toys. Put FireMan's tools away.

And yet I'm somehow still exhausted at the end of the day. No time for anything. Of course it doesn't help that FireGirl has been fighting her bedtime routine, which can now last for hours, but still.

As much as I have come to hate living in a partially-complete house, I am terrified of what life will be like once it's done. How will I ever find time to cook & clean & do laundry & wash dishes and and and...?
I'm terrified that FireMan will finally get it all done, and it still will never look like the picture in my head.
And it will be all my fault.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...