Friday, July 24, 2009

Fear: the root of all negative emotions

I heard this once on the radio. I wish I remembered who, and what program, what station, etc so I could give them credit. But I don't.

What I do know is that since hearing that, I have found it to be true in at least 99% of cases. And usually, once you figure out what you're afraid of, you can face your fear and at the very least calm your self.

Think about it. Frustration, anger, sadness, jealousy, hopelessness... all the result of fear. Frustration is usually an easy one. It stems from the fear that things will not change. That the situation will not improve itself. Once you realize that all things must change and "this too shall pass", it's easier to deal with, you just have to ground yourself in patience.
Hopelessness is by definition the fear that your situation will never get better. You have no hope for the future.

I'm a bad one for getting frustrated. Am frustrated as I write this. I just have to learn to face my fear and to acknowledge the fact that the situation will change (hopefully for the better), and then we can all move on. Right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...