Monday, July 27, 2009

Carmen (the opera)


Well, FireMan and I went to our first opera Friday evening. One of my coworkers generously gave me two tickets to Carmen.

I have to say, I loved it! Having never been to an opera before, I wasn't really sure if I would like it or not, but I had a great time. Not the least of which was related to actually seeing my stunning husband in a suit & tie. LOL.
I don't think FireMan had quite as good a time as I did, but despite his protests I think he managed to enjoy himself. At least a little bit. Maybe....

I will say, for any of you first-time opera goers, that although I loved Carmen, I was not quite prepared for how long it was. Especially considering we had to pick up FireGirl from my folks afterward.

But all in all, a lovely time.
If you have yet to go to the opera. Go!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...