Wednesday, April 2, 2014

No Restrictions

So the other day I felt crampy all day. But I had a NST scheduled for that afternoon, so I figured I'd just wait and have it checked out then.

Sure enough, contractions. I was sent to Labor & Delivery triage to determine if I were in pre-term labor.

After a shot of something to stop the contractions, they were milder, but didn't go away. So I was given a liter of fluid in the hopes that being hydrated would stop them. Nope. In fact, by the end the intensity was returning.

But I wasn't dilated at all, so I was sent home. Without restrictions.


All good news, but I have to say I think once they determine you're having honest-to-God for real contractions, you should at least get a couple of days off of work. At least.

Can I get a witness?


In other news, assuming Peanut doesn't decide to make an early entrance, we have a C-section scheduled for May 20.

Yay.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...