Thursday, April 17, 2014

I'm ready

There's been a lot of talk this pregnancy about the chance of pre-term labor.

This has led to a lot of anxiety on my part. First and foremost for Peanut's health. But then there's the other stuff: the nursery's not ready, the house is a wreck, we have no diapers, blah, blah, blah.

And then,  yesterday, at exactly 34 weeks pregnant, I just kinda had this moment:

I'm ready.

Not in a practical way. Nursery still isn't done. House is still a mess.

But in a mental and emotional way. I'm ready for this baby to come.

Which is both a calming feeling, and a frustrating one. Because I'm ready. Now. And so now we've reached the point where we just wait for our youngest daughter to make her presence known.

And whenever that is, it will be okay. Because now... I'm ready.

2 comments:

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

I am always amazed at women's bodies and psyches and how they transform just in time to welcome a new bundle!

Melissa said...

Stress isn't good for you or the baby. Try to relax. Nurseries aren't crucial. Heck not that long ago most people didn't even have nurseries. Usually not much more than a crib somewhere in the house.
When my youngest was born, his crib was in our bedroom until he started sleeping through the night and we moved him into the only other bedroom with his brothers.

As for the house being a mess, you might get an urge to start cleaning in the next few weeks, with the weather turning off better, and that whole nesting thing. If not, meh. Babies don't judge.
If you're concerned about company seeing the house a mess, then concentrate on cleaning one room, like the livingroom, or den, where ever guests generally are put when they visit.
Pick a room, or two, then decide to do one thing a day. You can, pick up a Walmart bag of things to throw away or donate, or vacuum the carpet, or put away laundry piled on the sofa. Whatever needs doing.
Doing just one thing isn't overwhelming, but getting it done feels like a great accomplishment. Sometimes I feel good enough after doing the one thing, I'll do another. But if I don't feel like it, meh, I reached my goal, that's good enough. Sometimes, though, I don't even do the one thing I'd planned, and that's okay too. I just quit worrying and upsetting myself about it. Then I do it later.

Worrying is a terrible thing, and pretty useless. Enjoy the minute you're in.
I know, you say, how can I just stop worrying? It's not easy, but it can be done with practice. When you find yourself worrying, tell yourself not to worry. Right now, things are fine. If something isn't fine later, then you can worry about it later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...