Saturday, January 11, 2014

Update on Peanut


As you can tell by my last post, we had our 18 week ultrasound, and it’s a girl.

Everything checked out well, all good news.

Her length is measuring right on schedule (as in, exactly by the gestational age based on our due date), but various all other measurements were anywhere from 1 – 3 weeks ahead. There’s still lots of growing to do, so we’ll just have to wait & see.

Right now she’s measuring to be a smaller baby than Jena was, but again, we have plenty of growing time left for that to change.

One measurement I remember was big was her abdomen. The tech said it could be a sign of gestational diabetes. Honestly, I’d be shocked if I had GD. My sugar trends low anyway, I haven’t noticed any issues with my sugar this pregnancy, and in fact since I got pregnant I’ve been craving sweets less, and therefore am eating less sugar than normal. So that would surprise me. But we’ll see. I’m expecting my obstetrician to order my screening any day now.

Jena is absolutely thrilled that she’s getting a little sister, and is already proving to be a great big sister. She wants everything to be perfect and “special” for the new baby. I can’t wait to see how she really interacts once Peanut gets here.

So that’s our brief update. As always, thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

Mrs. L said...

Wow congratulations!
That is the perfect new year's gift to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...