Monday, October 15, 2012

Egg Recipe - Breakfast Casserole


This is a recipe I got at my bridal shower. Unfortunately it didn't come with a name, so I'm not sure who to credit. I love this breakfast casserole for several reasons. It tastes yummy, it's easy enough for me to do, the whole family loves it, and... it uses a dozen eggs! We abound in eggs around here, so finding a good recipe that takes lotsa eggs is a bonus for me.

I also love that leftovers heat up easily, so while I'll feed the three of us for one morning, the rest makes my breakfast for at least 4 more mornings. Yum!

*********************************************

12 eggs        6 slices bread        1 lb sausage        1/4 cup milk        1 lb bacon        2 cups shredded cheese        salt & pepper (to taste)

**********************************************

Cook sausage, drain. Repeat with bacon. In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, cheese, meat, salt & pepper. Tear bread into pieces approximately 1 inch in size and add to the mixture. Grease a 9x13 pan, add mixture. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.

**********************************************

In our stove, with our pan, it takes approximately 30 minutes to cook. I usually start checking it at 25 minutes to be safe.

If for some reason you don't want the bacon, you can also substitute another 1/2 lb of sausage.

To reheat, cut a serving size and place on a small plate. Microwave on high for approximately 90 seconds.

3 comments:

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

Looks and sounds absolutely de-lish!

Marianne said...

Testing out an egg casserole tonight for dinner. Egg McMuffin casserole - only uses 4 eggs, but you could always double it. Found it on Pinterest.

Rebecca B. said...

That sounds seriously yummy! I think we'll have to try this Saturday morning...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...