Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Fat Butt - less soda pop


Well, dear readers, I'm here for another check in.

On my 2nd month of reducing my eating out, I didn't do as well as the first month, and finished at 47%. Still much better than my initial 60%, but those numbers need to go down, not up.

But on my 1st month of reducing my pop intake? I dropped it by just over half, from 43% of my beverages, to 22%.

So, to re-cap: I've reduced eating out by 21%, and reduced pop intake by 51%.

And gained another 4 lbs.

To say I'm frustrated is an understatement.

But I will press forward. Work on dropping my eating out numbers back down (and farther!), work on lowering my pop consumption even more. Work to increase activity (which should be lots of fun w/ a bulging disk), and work to increase fruit & veggie intake.

I will press on. But I will also consider moving up my next endocrinologist appointment. He'd taken me off of most of my meds about 4 months ago, because I was having some pretty bad side effects, and my levels had been very good, so we decided to stop them. And in those 4 months I have gained roughly 15 lbs, 6 of which have been while being very intentional at making some lifestyle changes.

So I will continue to do the work, but I also have to consider the possibility that I may need medical intervention to keep my weight from progressing back to where it was before I got diagnosed.

I'll continue to keep you posted. Thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

I feel ya. Sometimes we can do everything right and things are still tough. Keep your chin up!

Anonymous said...

How very FRUSTRATING. I hope you can figure out a solution that both helps AND keeps you free from nasty side effects. Thank you so much for visiting on my SITS day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...