Wednesday, March 28, 2012

When I Knew I Wanted to Marry Jason

When Jason & I started dating, I was a bit gun-shy.

I had been in three previous relationships, and in each of them the guy had brought up marriage first, only to break up with me later.

I didn't trust it. I had spent so much time in each of those (especially in the first - four years with my college sweetheart) dreaming of being married, looking wistfully at wedding magazines, and in two of them - even looking at engagement rings.

I had been burned bad. And I didn't want to even think about marriage, weddings, or proposals.

Oh, I wanted to be married, for sure. I just had been hurt so badly before I didn't allow my mind to go there. Not really.

But one day, about three months after we started dating, I was staying at Jason's house while he went diving with his buddies (at this point I don't remember why I was staying there, but I was). I was sitting on the couch, surfing the internet and came across one of my friends' pages on theKnot. I read it, looked at her stuff, blah, blah, blah, and then wandered thru the site.

Before I knew it, I realized I had been daydreaming about my wedding... our wedding.

And I smiled. Because it didn't scare me at all.

Not even the slightest hint of anxiety. None.

And that, is when I knew.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Aww, that's sweet! My Boo had that moment when we met. For him, it was love at first sight. In fact, the night we met, he called up his cousin and told her he would marry me. I wasn't as easy to convince.. LOL, glad he waited to to tell me - otherwise I'd have called psycho and run for the hills!
I don't know that I had "that" moment. There just came a time when it was generally understood that we would at some point get married. A couple years after that, he popped the question in a bathroom on a cruise ship. Right next to the toilet :) O, the romance :)

Mrs. L said...

sweet!

Unknown said...

That's a great moment to remember!

Marianne said...

Coincidence that after being burned so badly, you married a fireman? I think not...it was your destiny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...