Friday, February 4, 2011

TBP (themed blog post) #1 - something I'm OCD about

The towels on the towel rack / bar.

Bathroom or kitchen.

Have to be perfect.

Or I'll fix them.

Even if I'm in your house.

Especially in the bathroom. Closed doors means I can hide my compulsion to "fix" your towels.

If you have different colors hanging, I may also rearrange them so they are more aesthetically pleasing.

Don't like towel hooks. Too messy looking. Don't like towel rings. Too difficult to get perfect.

Want to play along?

3 comments:

Steph{anie} said...

Don't come to my apartment then...from here, I can see that my kitchen towels are hanging haphazardly from my oven door handle :)

Marianne said...

I fix hanging pictures, anytime, anyplace! And you're welcome to straighten my towels (which are usually pretty straight), but I find the rearranging colors a little odd.

Cynthia said...

Washing my hands if there is even a remote possibility that there is anything that isn't part of my hand on them - i.e. oil residue from snacking on chips, hair product... I can put lotion on my hands, then immediately have to wipe off the palms so that lotion only remains on the back of my hands.

Trust me - if there is ever anyone you should feel safe having handle your food preparation - it's me. I tend to wash my hands between every single vegetable I touch. Once, when we were dating, I was chopping vegetables for a stir-fry for my now husband, and he was keeping me company...at one point he said "Do you know you've washed your hands 8 times already?" to which I replied "Well, I wasn't counting, but keep in mind I haven't even touched the raw chicken yet. I'll go into hyperdrive about the hand-washing right about then."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...