Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Rejoice!!

Last night I received word that a gentleman I was really close to in college had accepted Christ as his Savior! Hallelujah!

Such good news. I was the first person to ever take him to church, when he was 18 years old. It's a blessing to think that in some small way I might have planted the seed that has been tended to by others all these years, and has finally reaped eternal life for him.

There is so much joy flowing thru my heart & mind right now that I don't even have words. So I'll let God speak for me.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." -- John 3:16-17

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." -- Romans 6:23

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." -- II Corinthians 5:17

"...there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth." -- Luke 15:10b

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...