Friday, February 2, 2018

Las Vegas

Jason & I are in Vegas for a cleaning convention. As our family business has continued to grow, we find ourselves traveling to more & more conventions.




This is our second year attending the one in Vegas, and we like it, both from a professional angle, and personally. The convention, and our room, is off the strip, so we avoid the big crowds, which for us is nice. There's still plenty to do, and I find it much more relaxing.

The flight getting here was okay. I'm battling a sinus infection, so besides my motion sickness patch, I kept myself pretty well medicated with over the counter decongestants. It wasn't as bad as I was anticipating, but not great either.

As far as gambling goes, I prefer the slots, just because I think it's fun. And if you win? Well, that's just bonus. Jason tends to prefer the roulette table. More power to him, right?

We don't typically bring the girls to professional conventions, although we have in the past. It's just hard for me to try to navigate a strange city while trying to keep two little girls entertained, and still make sure we time everything perfectly so we can meet up with Daddy later. Plus that means I can't help out professionally either, because I have the girls in tow. No working the booth, no dinners with potential business prospects, etc.

So the girls are currently with my parents, then will go to Jason's mom later this week. I miss them terribly.

Speaking of working the booth, I helped out with that earlier today. I do not enjoy it. I mean, it's not horrible, but speaking to strangers and trying to sell them on something. Well, I've never been great at sales, and the idea of talking to someone I don't know kinda terrifies me. I'm so awkward. But I go. That's what counts, right?

I think we're going to try to go the strip sometime while we're here, just for sightseeing. Not sure when though, our schedule is pretty packed.

I think that's all for now. As always, thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...