Sunday, August 20, 2017

She Rises While it is Yet Night

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Not being a morning person, it doesn't sound very appealing to me. I'd much rather stay up late at night to get things done, then get up early in the morning.

But then again, this is biblical (Proverbs 31:15). And so, I've been giving this a try. I can't say I've been totally successful at it, but I have managed to get up before the girls most days.




And you know what? It's kinda nice. Unless one of them gets up especially early, I usually get to have my breakfast in peace, walk the dogs, throw in a load of laundry, and mentally prepare for school that day before either of them gets up. Dare I say it? Being intentional about waking up early is actually kinda nice.

Not being a morning person, I tend to be a little grumpy when I first wake up. Both of my daughters have also inherited this trait. But you know what makes it a little easier? If I manage to get up early, take care of a few things around the house, have my breakfast, and just settle myself, center myself, well, it really helps me to be calm and handle their grumpiness a little bit better.

It's also really nice to get a start on that day's to-do list. Getting even just one or two chores knocked out before my kids even wake up just mentally eases the burden for the rest of the day.

Now, realistically I don't think I'll ever truly be a morning person. But I can see where there are benefits to the idea of getting a really early start to the day.

What about you? Do you wake up early? Sleep in? What have you found that works for you?

As always, thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...