Monday, May 30, 2016

The Sad and the Happy


Well, since I'm back, there are two big updates I should let my readers know about.

First of all, the sad news.


Our beloved Buddy passed away at the age of 17. His advanced age had been apparent for the past few years, but it didn't lessen the shock the morning that he disappeared after I let him out to do his morning "rounds". Every morning he would go out and "work", running the fence line, reviewing the property. As a working breed, it was what he loved to do. That morning, he didn't come back.

I found him collapsed in some weeds, barely able to lift his head. According to the vet, with an acute collapse like that in a breed like this, it is usually a tumor on the heart that has ruptured. They are slowly bleeding out. We made the heartbreaking decision to euthanize this precious dog.

Jason & I stayed with him, I held his head on my lap.

He lived well, he vastly surpassed his expected life expectancy, and I can only hope he knew how very much we loved him.

*************************

On a much happier note, this adorable ball of energy turned two!


It's hard to believe it's been two years since she made her way into this world. She completes our family in the most amazing way, and I cannot imagine life without her.

Happy birthday Jillian!



1 comment:

S said...

Aww. I'm sorry to hear about Buddy. We are facing the end of life with our 12-year-old Golden Retriever, as he was recently diagnosed with a degenerative nerve condition. It's hard losing a beloved pet.

And happy birthday to Jillian! She's sure grown!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...