Thursday, July 26, 2012

Gratitude

Kinda random, but tonight as I was putting away the dishes, and lamenting how I hate putting the dishes away, and how I would rather wash 3 loads of dishes, than put away 1, it dawned on me...

We have food. Not only do we have food, we have enough food that FireMan & I are both overweight. Not only that, we have nice dishes to put them on.

The dishes. Nothing fancy, but nice. Not as nice as others, but... there are others who don't have food, let alone dishes.

Perspective.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny how that happens. Not always a bad thing to remind ourselves of where we are in the grand scheme of things.

Steph{anie} said...

When we stop and remind ourselves of how blessed we really are, it puts everything in perspective.

This reminds me of the sermon from last week. My pastor talked about the shallow, unspecific prayers we pray..."Lord, bless him and be with him." He went on to talk about how it's unproductive to pray for the Lord to "bless" people, because we are already so blessed. We live in America, are part of the top 3%, have roofs over our heads and food in the fridge, and have clean clothes to wear on a daily basis.

We are a very blessed indeed. I have to remind myself that when I go to a job I really don't like, put on clothes are are not name brand, and clean an apartment that is small. I am blessed beyond measure with a job that pays the bills, clothes that are more than serviceable, and an apartment that is safe and climate-controlled.

Jenn and Casey said...

Great reminder to be thankful for what we DO have instead of focusing on what we don't have <3

Panamamama said...

So true. It is a constant effort in my life to remember to stay positive and grateful. Thanks for visiting my blog today. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...