Thursday, June 9, 2011

I felt like Supermom this morning

I've made no secret of the fact that I have struggled with my role as a working mom.

I struggle all. the time.

The juggle is quite a challenge for me. All. The. Time.

What others seem to manage with relative ease, I fight to just get by with the minimum, and feel like I'm failing about half the time at that.

So... this might seem like no big deal to some of ya'll, but to me, this morning... I felt like Supermom.

Just as I was getting up, FireGirl came into our bedroom. She had woken up because she peed thru her diaper and wet her bed.I changed her diaper, removed her wet PJs, got her favorite baby blanket, and tucked her back into bed.

I folded & put away a load of laundry. Got another load together & put it in to wash.

Ate breakfast (I never take time to eat breakfast).

Packed FireGirl's lunch.

Ironed my clothes for the day.

Packed FireGirl's diaper bag.

Wrote out the check to FireGirl's sitter & put it in the diaper bag.

FireGirl was up for the day by then.I got her breakfast ready (watermelon & instant cinnamon toast [in separate bowls], both cut into smaller pieces, with milk to drink) and found Diego on Netflix and told her to eat her breakfast while Mommy takes a shower.

Took a shower and got ready for the day.

By the time I got out of the shower FireGirl had started a 2nd Diego, but was instead in our bedroom trying to convince Daddy to wake up.
Updated my chore list.

Woke FireMan up & gave him the rundown of what I'd done, since he was off today & taking FireGirl to the sitter.

And still made it to work on time.

I even managed to pick up / tidy up a tiny bit in between tasks.

Yep. I know for some working moms, that might just be a normal day. No big deal.

But today... I felt like I did it all. I felt like Supermom. I even managed to wear a cute outfit and look halfway decent today. Which is a big deal in & of itself.

To me anywa.

So... realizing that everything in life is relative...

I am relishing in my supermommyness today.

What makes you feel like a supermom?

3 comments:

Mariah Magagnotti said...

I'm not a mom, but I can still appreciate all that you accomplished!! I'm pretty pumped if I can clean the stove, water the garden, and remember to put the DVD in the mail. Glad you had a great day!!

violajack said...

Seconded. I'm not a mom either, and just getting a load of laundry and dishes done is enough for me to feel accomplished. You certainly sound like supermom to me.

Steph{anie} said...

You are supermom, even when you don't feel like it. You give FireGirl 100% all the time, you work hard to provide for her, and you make time to be a supportive wife. Sister, you ARE supermom :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...