Thursday, January 13, 2011

Was 2010 the Year of the PitBull? Maybe so.

With all the blessings we received in 2010, there were also many trials. Many things have gone wrong. Even some of our blessings have been... tainted by the circumstances surrounding the when's and where's of their receival.

For me personally... 2010 has been one of the most difficult years I have had, perhaps in my life. As much as I have blogged about my personal struggles, there is much much more that I have chosen not to share.

Certainly for me this year has been the year of the fight. Fighting for myself, fighting for my marriage, always fighting for what is best for Jena... and yes, I am tired of fighting.

But, as I reflect... I suppose I can take a certain amount of pride in that fight.
There were so many times I wanted to just give up, walk away, leave. Sometimes literally. More than any of you will ever know.
But I didn't. I never gave up.
Not on me. Not on Jason. Not on us. Not on our family.
I never gave up.
Instead... I fought. I worked. I clawed my way out of pits, showed my teeth to a few adversaries, and battled more than once on my knees. But I never gave up.
Even when I didn't know what else I could do.

I guess my co-worker was right. When working on a project recently, he looked at me in surprise one day and said "I guess ya got a little pitbull in ya, huh?".

Yeah. I guess maybe I do.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...